Latest Posts

New Years Resolutions

By 1:28 PM , ,

Hello 2016! A new year means new beginnings, new adventures, new goals and aspirations, and new resolutions!
**I do not take credit for this photo, and unfortunately I do not know who the original source is**

For me, I cringe a little bit when people ask me what my new years resolutions are, because I know that no one really thinks that people can achieve these resolutions. Each year I (and pretty much everyone else) makes resolutions, but I (and, again, pretty much everyone else) doesn't follow through or can't achieve the goals for whatever reason.
This year I am determined to achieve at least some of these goals that I'm setting for myself. 2016 will be a monumental year for me because this is the year that I will graduate from college with two bachelors degrees, and start working in my first full-time post-grad position. I've always heard that telling other people your goals makes it harder to give them up, so that's what I'm going to do in this post.

Kate's Resolutions:


  • Draw more often -- and finally learn how to upload/finish it on my laptop
  • Finish my professional portfolio -- click here
  • Post regularly on this blog
  • Graduate from college
  • Obtain a full-time job in the merchandising/digital retailing industry after graduation
  • Take more photos of my daily life
  • Clean my apartment more often
  • Work out much more often -- create a plan for working out that I can actually stick to
  • Learn how to cook more healthy dishes, and cook more often
  • Purchase more professional, higher-quality clothing 
  • Cut the negative people out of my life -- focus on those who care about my success 
  • Try more new things -- new foods or experiences that I have been previously too reserved to try
  • Travel more and to new places 
  • Adopt a cat from an animal shelter (after graduation) 
  • Become more organized 

Comment below with some of your new years resolutions, or with any suggestions or comments! Thank you so much for reading my first post! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments